Effort reporting training
Effort Reporting's online training presentations and tools are accessible via Blackboard.
The training program should take approximately one hour to complete. To access the program, go to the VCU homepage, click on Blackboard and log-in using your VCU eID. Once in Blackboard, click on the Courses tab and select "Mandatory Sponsored Project and Effort Reporting Training." After enrolling, you will need to review the Course Instructions tab and then review the two slide shows, "Managing Your Project" and "ECRT Training for Investigators." Once you've reviewed, you'll need to take the two associated exams. Scoring 80 on each is passing. If you have any problems registering for the course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Access will be granted within 24 hours.
Additionally, administrators that are requesting primary or secondary access to the Effort Reporting system (ECRT) will need to first complete the required training and then submit an ECRT Access Request Form to Effort Reporting.
- Effort Reporting Instructor Led Training
- Grants and Contracts Instructor Led Training
- Additional Post Award Training
Effort reporting training materials
Note: ECRT was upgraded in the summer of 2017. While the upgrade did not significantly change established processes, various training was offered and informational material created to ease the transition.
- ECRT Base Salary Categories
- ECRT Upgrade Quick Guide
- ECRT Upgrade Statuses and Icons
- ECRT Training Enrollment Instructions
- Getting Started in Research Administration
- ECRT Certification Status Report
- ECRT Certification Status Summary Report
- ECRT Department Org Code Report
- How to Certify - Certifiers
- How to Certify My Researchers-PI Access